Tuesday, October 15, 2013

WE’RE BACK IN THE KITCHEN!

cooking46

Nothing too fancy but we did manage to make a few things for the freezer ending with home made chocolate fudge sauce, we’ve been making this since the late 70’s it’s a recipe I got from my father-n-law that he put in a cookbook called the Bell Cook Book, my mother-n-law tweaked it & came up how to double it to make a quart, I always divide it into two pints, one for keeping & one for sharing, as it chills it thickens up, as you can see we dove into ours lol!

cooking47

would you like the recipe? oh & this is also awesome  as icing for a sheet cake, I’m just saying!

CHOCOLATE  SYRUP

3 cups sugar

1/2 cup coco

1 1/2 cup milk

in a heavy sauce pan bring this to a boil & boil for one minute

then add

1/2 stick of butter

1 teasp. van.

 

then there was meatballs!

cooking48cooking51

I divided the beef in 1/2, took 12 & added sausage patties & fixins & make meatballs using  an ice-cream scoop to get a nice size meatball, then flash froze them to prevent sticking together in a baggie

cooking57cooking50

the other half of the hamburger I made into 4 large patties, flash froze them, wrapped in saran then placed in a baggie, they will be handy for burgers or hamburger steaks

cooking56cooking53

cooking52

MEATBALLS

1 lb. beef

1 lb. pork I just eyeball the beef & pork to about how many meatballs I want to make

1 med onion chopped I dare say I used less than 1/2 cup, go with what you like

2 cloves garlic minced I use minced in a jar about 1 tabs.

1 egg

1 tabs Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup Katsup

2/3 cup crushed crackers

2 tsp. Italian seasoning

the recipe also calls for 1 1/2 tbs.garlic powder & 1 1/2 tbs.onion powder.. I didn’t use these 2 ing.

 

Mix beef & pork & incorporate all ingredients& shape into balls

cook in slow cooker for 6-8 hrs with spaghetti sauce of your choice

I have also baked  the meatballs & they are just as good but I like the crock pot better because I can set it & forget it lol!

 

then there was breakfast burritos!

cooking54cooking49

 

cooking55

scramble up some  eggs, grab some tortilla shells, diced ham, shredded cheese & you’ve got great breakfast burritos! I just eyeball it on a burrito, then roll um up & wrap in saran wrap then place into a baggie,  I label the baggie egg-ham-cheese & into the freezer they go, Terry snagged one on the way to work before I could get them bagged up lol! they can be heated up in the oven or the microwave, we do both but I prefer the oven  , they just seem softer to me that way & with just a brief effort you can unroll it & add salsa & sour cream & roll it back up yum yum!

No comments: