as I’m once again trying to get in more proteins than carbs, I thought I’d try this combo that’s I had pinned on my Pinterest boards, it was really simple & wasn’t too bad, I’ll probably give them another chance once my brain stops telling my stomach it wants something ooie gooie Chocó lee sinfully fatting lol! with that said that’s a cake that sits staring at me well maybe since his eyes are gone he can’t see me but I can see him!
Mr. Potato Head is a sweet potato cake made by my daughter for hubbys B’day all the kids were able to be here, 7 out of 8 grandkids, they all pulled together to make his birthday special, he’s under going radiation treatments & has good days & bad days, he knew the kids were coming for a visit but had no idea we were going to make him party lol!
I see a lot more parties in the sunroom’s future lol!
ROASTED BRUSSELS & BACON
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts and cutting any very large heads in half through the core. (It's fine if some of the outer leaves fall off – just bake those along with the rest of the sprouts. They get extra crispy and are delicious!)
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to evenly coat.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto a large sheet pan (you want them to be in a single layer). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then evenly sprinkle the bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized.
- Serve immediately.