Saturday, May 24, 2014

BRUNCH AT HOME

bfast10

A few days ago I came across a recipe for Baked French Toast on  The Pioneer Woman's  blog, now if Ree made it  then it couldn’t be nothing but good, right? so I finally got around  to being able to make it for breakfast this morning & boy was it ever good!I even went on line & found a recipe for blueberry syrup on the Food Network site, can’t go wrong there either lol!so I began the prep work last night before I went to bed last night

 

bfast8

bfast5bfast6

I broke up half of the French loaf(fresh from the deli) & layered it onto a buttered dish, then mixed the ingredients & pouring over the bread, in  a separate bowl I mixed brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon & cold butter making a  crumble topping which is added before baking

bfast9

it bakes for 45 min. @ 350 which gives it a  bread pudding consistency

bfast12bfast14 

the syrup was very simple, maple syrup & blueberries!bring it to a boil & boil for 2-3 min. the magic happens when they start to boil

bfast4bfast18

I made homemade syrup!how awesome is that!it will slightly thicken as it cools down

bfast11bfast15

then I thought about the strawberries I had in the fridge

bfast13

and decided to bump it up  a notch!

bfast16

and there you have it! Brunch at home on a Saturday morning, oven baked French toast with strawberries & homemade blueberry syrup dusted with powdered sugar!

bfast17

Recipe for Oven Baked French Toast

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breakfastbrunch/baked-french-toast-4/

 

Recipe for Blueberry Syrup

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/blueberry-syrup-for-pancakes-recipe.html

No comments: