Monday, December 29, 2014

IT’S A FROZEN PARTY!

I thought I’d bring Blue Monday over to my cooking blog since it’s food related, enjoy!

the twins are  six now, where does the time go? my daughter put together a Frozen themed party for their class Christmas party

 

blue3

 

icing cupcakes look so easy doesn’t it?

blue4

after my third try  I was put on snowflake duty lol! the snowflakes are gum paste cut out with tiny cookie cutters

blue5blue6

blue7

funny how a little ole icing bag can intimidate you lol!  it’s all in how you twist, hold &squeeze that bag lol! I think this may be on my bucket list you know the list of things you want to do or learn lol! yea I think I need  one for this year lol!

 

ICING

2 cups Crisco

1/2 cups water

4 cups confectionary sugar (or whole bag)

 

GUM PASTE

1 egg white (beaten)

add 1 & 1/2 cup conf. sugar while beating

add 3 tsp. tylose

 

I am linking this post to Sally’s Blue Monday, be sure to go by & say hello & meet up with some great bloggers who are sharing their blues today

http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

 

bluemon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

delicious blue cupcakes.

LV said...

I do not cook much anymore, so I would truly enjoy some of these pretty cupcakes.

Chubby Chieque said...

Wow! You did it beautifully.

I love baking and I a year ago, I did my first dummy cake with a real sugarpaste decos. Fun and loving doing it.

Hope you come back soon as I am baking for our NYear's dessert.

Have a peaceful New Year to all.

Greetings,
/CC

Annesphamily said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! Lovely cupcakes. I need some lessons too. I love all the pretty cupcakes I find at pinterest. Now to learn the art of decorating. Love those snowflakes and of course, everyone loves Frozen. Enjoy your week and come say hello soon.

Michelle said...

Well, I love the snowflakes!
My duty would be snowflakes, also.

Happy New Year!

SmilingSally said...

Hi Helen,

Those cupcakes look yummy!

Sorry that it took me so long to comment, but I’m home from the hospital now and using a new laptop.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Happy Blue Monday!