Wednesday, January 22, 2014

EATING FROM THE PANTRY

 

Do you ever look in the pantry or the freezer & say “there’s nothing to eat”? A while back I came across a neat idea, where you do an inventory of everything you have in the pantry, the refrigerator, freezer etc. then look over your list & make meals from that list so I started my inventory & to my surprise I came up a pretty good many meals

 

biscuits /cornbread

meals04meals13

biscuits & sausage gravy / pancakes & bacon

meals06meals16

a 1/2 rotisserie chicken divided/rice cooked & divided for chicken n dumplings & chicken n rice

meals01

chicken N dumplings / chicken n rice, black eyed peas, stuffed eggs, biscuits

meals11meals02

egg salad sandwiches/dumplings chocolate cake with home canned peaches

meals07meals10

 

 

one sad little lemon made lemon cookies &  a few chocolate chips & 1/2 cup of peanut butter  another great cookie!

meals14meals08

this was fun as well as shocking to see there was food in the house after all lol! so I’ve decided to give eating from the pantry another go & see what I can come up with, mostly I’m looking for new recipes to try out with what we have on hand, last night we made buffalo chicken & black bean quesadillas so b sure to stop back by & see what that’s all about!

1 comment:

Maurine Huffines said...

yummy lookin' food !

Maurine