Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A NEW TWIST ON PIZZA & BIRTHDAYS

party08

me & Jamie at Christmas

There’s so many birthdays in Feb for this family but we’ll just focus on mine & my oldest daughters today lol! I had seen pizza pull apart bread recipes starting to pop up on Face Book & decided hunt down a  good recipe & give it a try, after all what’s not to like about pizza, right & the easier the better! we went with this recipe from The Country Cook http://www.thecountrycook.net/2013/07/pull-apart-pizza-bread.html if you’d like to print it out, the recipe was easy to follow & turned out to be a winner!

eat9

yea we bought backup pizza, just incase it didn’t turn out lol! lol!

 

I used pizza dough instead of biscuits

one tbsp.. olive oil

16 pepperonis quartered, (I eyeball this & cut them in half)

14 cup grated parmesan cheese ( I used about a cup of cheese blend)

1 tbsp. Italian seasoning

1 tsp. onion powder ( I omitted this cause we don’t like onion on our pizza)

1/4 tsp. garlic salt

pizza sauce for dipping ( we used Bothell's Marana sauce)

preheat oven to 400  spray bunt pan with non stick spray

cut or pinch dough into small pieces & coat with oil, add other ingredients into  a separate bowl

add to dough & toss well

eat10

arrange into bunt pan & cook for about 15 min or till done ( I thought 15 min @ 400 was a wee bit too long but still came out good)eat4

 

gently slide a butter knife around the edges to loosen & turn out onto a plate

pull apart! dip! enjoy!

eat5

after I took  a few pictures I decided to flip it over  to the “pretty” side lol! but they were on it before I could say don’t touch it yet! lol! guess that meant it was good, right lol!

eat6

it was a good day, lasting into the evening, the girls had filled Jamie's van so full of balloons you couldn’t get another one in it lol! I think they’re still a few balloons roaming the neighborhood lol!

eat7

awww look at my sweet coffee cups! I do love me some pretty coffee cups!

eat8

we are most definitely too blessed for the mess that try's to pop up in our lives from time time & we laughed at how the Joy cup just makes you start singing I got the joy joy  joy joy down in my heart  down in my heart, down in my heart, to stay ….. lol! come on sing it with us!

1 comment:

Maurine Huffines said...

I had to sing along since it's such a joyful song.
well how old are you now , Helln..
I remember a few years back when I knew how oldlyou were.
anyway "Happy belated Birthday to Helen"
from your best friend,
Maurine