Friday, March 28, 2014

BROWNIES OR COOKIES?

making cookies for a friend was just the the thing to do yesterday & when better to try out a new cookie recipe , hummm cookies from a brownie mix? I wasn’t  sure if the cookies would ever go down from the huge balls that were baking in the oven so I pressed them ever so slightly with  my spatula

cookie02

 

then there was huge sugar cookies, who doesn’t like a good ole homemade sugar cookie? what do you do with scrap cookie dough? you make filler cookies, I used a tiny bottle cap & sprinkled with green sprinkles & tucked in between the cookies

 

cookie03

SUGAR COOKIES

1cup butter softened(2 sticks)

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 1/2 teasp. clear van.

1/2 teasp. clear almond

2 3/4 cup all purpose flour

2 teasp. baking powder

1 egg

1 teasp. salt

preheat oven to 400 (I cook on 350)

cream sugar & butter till fluffy, beat in eggs & extracts ( I use a cap of each),mix all other dry ingredients one cup at a time ,divide into 2 balls, on a floured surface  roll dough out & cut into desired shapes, do not chill dough, dusting with flour will keep it from sticking, bake 6-7 min, or till slight;y brown

(I set my timer for 8 min, time will depend on how big the cookies are)

 

BROWNIE MIX COOKIES

1 box of brownie mix

1/3 cup veg.oil( I melted Crisco sticks cause that’s all I had& it worked out fine)

2 tabsp. water

1 egg

set oven to 375 (350 for me, I’m just a 350 kind of girl lol!)

mix well, batter will be very thick, drop by heaping tabsp.onto greased cookie sheet (I spray with pam)

cook 9-10 min slightly undercooked , cool on cookie sheet

the cookies didn’t  seem  to be going down although they may upon cooling, but I didn’t want to chance having huge chocolate balls so I slightly pressed them with a spatula

 

I hope this has inspired you to make cookies & to look at that brownie mix in a  whole new light!

No comments: