Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ASIAN SHORT RIBS

I wasn't[t too sure what to pair Asian short ribs with so I went  with old faithful's like Brussels & rice I cooked the Brussels in boiling salted water, drained then added to a skillet & sautéed with butter till lightly golden brown

 

cooking14cooking13

the Asian short ribs are a new recipe from the freezer meal workshop I did last week, so it was a totally new recipe for us,  although they were good, I really couldn’t put my finger on what they tasted like, the verdict is still out on whether or not they’ll be a keeper for the recipe box, could be  that Asian seasonings just new to our taste buds

cooking12

all in all it was a pretty good supper, there are  eight more new recipes to try so it’s a little early to choose  a favorite but if you asked which I’d be the quickest to make again the short ribs or the French dipped sandwiches I’d have to go with the French dip lol!

cooking12

ASIAN SHORT RIBS

cook time…crock pot 6-7 hrs on low

4-5 lbs  short ribs

3TabSp. Asian seasoning mix

2 Tabs. Dijon mustard rub

1/4 c. chopped scallions

1/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. rosemary-infused canola oil

 

spices used are pampered chef spices but regular spices can be used

No comments: