happy Fourth of July! we hope that you’ve had a great day with friends & family, Terry’s brother was in from VA.it’s been a great week as we don’t get to see them as much as we’d like to, I always spring something new on the gang every year lol! & this year it was butter garlic shrimp, it was a hit! they loved it! & I do believe it will be a keeper for the recipe box
and even tried my hand at making a Trifle, I’m so proud of myself, isn’t it pretty? lol!
stayed up last night & made blackberry jam, with still more to be made
my sister-n-law Chris & me picked blueberries in Terry's dad's back yard, this is just one bush we had to circle it a few times to get them all, then the guys came out & helped with the other bushes, we ended the evening with fireworks, more eating & laughter, they’ll head out bright & early in the morning back to Virginia, we’ll meet up at the I Hop bright & early for breakfast & one last hug goodbye
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined ( I used large precooked frozen)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced ( I used about 1 teasp. minced jarred)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves ( I used dried)
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.
*Angel Food Cake
*cool whip/pudding mixture
I pinched up Angel Food cake & did one layer
then a layer of strawberry glaze, found in the produce by the strawberries
then a layer of strawberry's
then a layer of cool whip/ pudding mixture ( Mix 1 tub of cool with with 6 instant vanilla snack size puddings)
then I spread more cool whip/pudding mixture on top
arranged sliced strawberries around the edge
blue berries in the middle