I tried a new recipe to test my sundried tomatoes on , parmesan chicken & sundried tomatoes, this recipe was a winner! I will defiantly be making it again but without the red pepper flakes, boy did they make it hot ! the recipe says to deglaze your pan then add the cream etc. but in their picture the sauce was white hummm bet they didn’t deglaze like they tell you to lol! but anyway it turned out delicious
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (~6 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth, cream, sundried tomatoes and parmesan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken along with any juices, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and mix in the basil.
Option: Add chopped spinach to the sauce.
source for printable recipe
have you made any recipes using homemade sundried tomatoes?