Wednesday, May 6, 2015

SHRIMP SCAMPI TAKE TWO!

11150911_10200439247659323_4317047772168176889_n[1]

 

Today I had a hankering for shrimp scampi, I looked through my recipes I have pinned on Pinterest & the butter garlic shrimp is almost to the tee the same as shrimp scampi with the exception of one ingredient which I didn’t have on hand anyway but I knew I liked the buttered shrimp as I’ve made it before & it’s basically the same only adding spaghetti noodles, it’s very easy & quick to pull together, 15 min tops!

I cooked & drained a small bag of spaghetti noodles, adding a touch of salt & pepper

ingredients used:

a bag of cooked shrimp found in the freezer section

1 TBS minced garlic

1 TBS dried parsley

1 stick  butter (halved)

1/4 cup vegetable broth

juice of 1/2 lemon

add 1/2 of the stick of butter to skillet, add garlic & shrimp, lemon juice, vegetable broth, bring to a boil

reduce heat & add remaining half of butter one tbsp. at a time , add parsley,spaghetti noodles & blend

and you have shrimp scampi made at home!

 

 

 

No comments: