Thursday, August 21, 2014

FINALLY MADE THAT SANDWICH!

 

cook08

I finally got around to making that sandwich my daughter introduced me to last week when we made those 25 aprons for a friend of mine who is a Missionary to Bustamante Mexico ,homemade Honey Mustard is easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients that are usually always on hand, that was the first time I’d ever made Honey Mustard & I love it a whole lot better than store bought

HONEY MUSTARD

1/4 c. mayonnaise

1 TBS honey

1 TBS mustard

1/2 TBS. lemon juice ( I used 1 TBS) I got squeeze happy before I realized what I was doing lol but it tuned out great! not sour at all

whisk all ingredients together & chill

  I think difference name brands may effect the taste, I’m not sure but I now different  fresh honeys taste different , this one thing I know as Terry is a honey holic lol! lol , he buys honey everywhere we go from the locals

cook01cook07

then I pulled out the Big George

cook05

gathered  my sandwich supply's

roasted red peppers

Swiss cheese

bacon

ciabatta rolls

 

cook02

 

I didn’t have chicken breast so I used chicken tenders, I figured two would equal one chicken breast, I put them inside a baggie & rolled the rolling pin over them flatting them  a little,I usually do this with saran wrap but I was out , the baggie worked just fine for what I was trying to do, you don’t’ have to do this it was just my prefence

cook03cook04

then I wondered if bacon would cook in the Big George , so I wiped it out & gave it a try, it works lol but I transferred it to a skittle as I wanted it more crisp for my sandwich

cook06

awww look at it one more time lol!the Restaurant where she had the version of  this sandwich called it a Chicken Ciabatta, I guess they didn’t know what to call it either lol! I found the ciabatta rolls at Wal-Mart, they also come in different varieties, I had picked up Italian herb but somehow came home with the plain ones but all was well

cook08

do you have a good sandwich to share? will you be making one of these Chicken Ciabatta’s?

 

No comments: